If you’re considering taking a hike in the near future, you may be wondering what type of shorts are best for the occasion. Denim cutoffs might seem like a good idea, but they’ll probably just end up giving you a nasty rash. Plus, they’re not exactly breathable. So, what’s the best fabric for hiking shorts? We did some research and found out that nylon is your best bet.
Hiking Shorts – The Best of Both Worlds
A good pair of hiking shorts should be comfortable, durable and offer a good range of motion. But what kind of shorts are best for hiking? The answer may surprise you – there’s no need to choose between cargo shorts and sports shorts, because there’s a third option that offers the best of both worlds.
Hiking shorts are designed with both comfort and functionality in mind. They’re usually made from quick-drying fabrics that are lightweight and breathable, and they often have built-in sun protection. But the real secret to their success is in the design – most hiking shorts have a longer inseam that provides coverage without being constricting, and plenty of pockets for storing all your essentials.
If you’re looking for a versatile pair of shorts that can take you from the trail to the office without missing a beat, look no further than hiking shorts. With their stylish good looks and functional design, they really are the best of both worlds.
The Best Hiking Shorts for Women
There are a lot of factors to consider when choosing the best hiking shorts for women. The most important factor is comfort. You want to make sure the shorts you choose are made of a comfortable fabric that won’t irritate your skin while you’re hiking. You also want to make sure the shorts have a good fit so they don’t ride up or chafe while you’re moving.
Other factors to consider include the length of the shorts and the number of pockets. Some women prefer shorter shorts for hikes, while others prefer longer shorts that offer more coverage. And if you like to carry a lot of gear with you on hikes, you’ll want to make sure the shorts you choose have enough pockets to hold all your essentials.
To help you find the best hiking shorts for women, we’ve rounded up a few of our favorites below.
The Best Hiking Shorts for Men
There are all sorts of hiking shorts on the market, but not all of them are created equal. When you’re out on the trail, you want a pair of shorts that will be comfortable, durable, and functional.
Here are a few things to look for when you’re choosing the best hiking shorts for men:
-Material: Hiking shorts should be made from a quick-drying material that will wick away moisture. Synthetic materials like polyester or nylon are good choices.
-Fit: Hiking shorts should be snug but not too tight. They should also have a bit of stretch so you can move freely.
-Length: The length of your hiking shorts will depend on personal preference. Some men prefer longer shorts that come down to the knee, while others prefer shorter shorts that stop just above the knee.
-Pockets: Pocket placement and number is also a matter of personal preference. Some hikers like to have multiple pockets for storing snacks and other small items, while others prefer fewer pockets for a lighter feel.
Once you’ve considered all of these factors, you’ll be able to narrow down your choices and find the perfect pair of hiking shorts for your next adventure.
The Best Hiking Shorts for Kids
There are a few things to look for when you’re picking out the best hiking shorts for kids. First, you want something that’s durable and can stand up to a lot of wear and tear. Second, you want something that’s comfortable and won’t rub or chafe when they’re wearing it all day. And last, you want something that has some pockets so they can keep their snacks and other essentials close at hand.
Here are a few of our favorite hiking shorts for kids that meet all of those criteria:
- The North Face Girls’ Moondoggy Down Shorts are made from durable 100% polyester fabric with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish to keep kids dry when they’re out on the trail. They have an adjustable waistband so they can get the perfect fit, and two hand pockets and two back pockets so they can carry all their essentials.
- Columbia makes a great pair of hiking shorts for boys with the Silver Ridge Lite Shorts. They’re made from lightweight 100% nylon fabric that dries quickly if they get wet, and they have an adjustable waistband with belt loops so they can get the perfect fit. There are four pockets — two in the front and two in the back — so there’s plenty of room to store snacks, sunscreen, a map, and more.
- For a more budget-friendly option, check out the REI Co-op Runners Shorts for girls or boys. They’re made from a lightweight polyester/spandex blend that wicks moisture away from skin to keep kids cool and dry on hot days. And there are two side pockets (one with a zipper) where kids can stash their snacks or other small items.
The Best Hiking Shorts for Plus Size Hikers
When it comes to finding the best hiking shorts for plus size hikers, there are a few things to consider. First, look for a pair that has an adjustable waistband. This will ensure a comfortable and secure fit. Second, make sure the fabric is lightweight and breathable. Hiking in hot weather can be miserable if you’re wearing shorts that are too heavy or don’t allow your skin to breathe. Finally, choose a pair with plenty of pockets. You’ll want to have a place to store your keys, phone, and snacks while you’re on the trail.
Here are a few of our favorite hiking shorts for plus size hikers:
-The North Face Women’s Plus-Size Venture 2 Shorts are made from a lightweight and water-resistant fabric, making them ideal for hikes in warmer weather. They have an adjustable waistband and two side pockets, perfect for storing your essentials.
- Columbia Women’s Plus Size Saturday Trail II Knee Shorts are made from a quick-drying fabric that wicks away sweat. They have an adjustable drawcord waist and two deep side pockets, perfect for holding your phone and snacks.
- Athleta Women’s Plus Size Allay Shorts are made from a lightweight and breathable fabric with UPF 50 sun protection. They have an elastic waistband and two side pockets, perfect for holding your essentials while you’re on the go.
The Best Hiking Shorts for Tall Hikers
If you’re tall and looking for the best hiking shorts, you have a few things to consider. First, you need a pair of shorts that will be comfortable and won’t ride up when you’re walking or climbing. Second, you need a pair of shorts that have plenty of pockets for all your gear. And finally, you need a pair of shorts that will protect your legs from the elements.
Here are our top picks for the best hiking shorts for tall hikers:
- The North Face Summit L3 Pro Shorts are comfortable, lightweight, and have plenty of pockets for all your gear. They’re also made with durable ripstop fabric that will protect your legs from scrapes and scratches.
- Patagonia Quandary Shorts are made with lightweight and breathable fabric, making them perfect for hot weather hikes. They also have a zippered pocket on the back, ideal for holding your phone or other valuables.
- Columbia Silver Ridge Lite Shorts are made with Omni-Shield technology that repels water and stains, making them perfect for hikes in wet or muddy conditions. They also have UPF 50 sun protection to keep your legs safe from the sun’s harmful rays.
The Best Hiking Shorts for Curvy Hikers
When it comes to finding the best hiking shorts, curvy hikers have different needs than their straight-size counterparts. While everyone wants a pair of shorts that are comfortable, breathable, and durable, curvy hikers also need shorts that fit well and don’t ride up while they’re on the trail.
That’s why we’ve put together this list of the best hiking shorts for curvy hikers. These shorts are all designed with a curvy figure in mind, and they’re made from innovative materials that won’t leave you feeling hot and sweaty on even the longest hikes. Plus, they all have waistbands that stay in place, so you won’t have to constantly adjust them as you hike.
So whether you’re looking for a pair of lightweight hiking shorts for summer or some insulated shorts for winter hikes, we’ve got you covered. Just check out our list of the best hiking shorts for curvy hikers below.
The Best Hiking Shorts for Petite Hikers
For most of us, comfort is key when it comes to choosing the right gear for a hike. But finding the right pair of hiking shorts is especially important for petite hikers. Not only do you want a pair of shorts that won’t ride up or chafe on the trail, but you also want a pair that won’t leave you feeling overdressed (or underdressed) at the campsite.
To help you find the perfect pair of hiking shorts, we’ve rounded up a few of our favorites, from cult-favorite brands like Patagonia and Columbia to lesser-known names like prAna and Craghoppers. No matter your budget or style preferences, we’re confident you’ll find a pair of hiking shorts on this list that will make your next hike (or backpacking trip) that much more comfortable.