You know that feeling when your mouth starts to droop and you can’t quite fix it? Yeah, we’ve all been there. Luckily, there are a few easy tricks to getting those mouth corners back up where they belong. So if you’re ready to say goodbye to droopy mouth syndrome, read on!
Causes of drooping mouth corners
There are many possible causes of drooping mouth corners, including:
- Bell’s palsy
Prevention of drooping mouth corners
Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to drooping mouth corners. By taking care of your skin and protecting it from the sun, you can help keep your skin elastic and prevent sagging.
There are a few things you can do to help keep your skin healthy and strong:
-Wear sunscreen: Daily use of sunscreen can help prevent damage from the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays, which can lead to sagging skin. Be sure to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
-Eat a healthy diet: Eating a diet that’s rich in antioxidants, like fruits and vegetables, can help protect your skin from damage.
-Don’t smoke: Smoking damages the collagen and elastin in your skin, leading to premature wrinkles and sagging.
-Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of water helps keep your skin hydrated and may help prevent sagging.
Treatments for drooping mouth corners
If you’re looking for treatments for drooping mouth corners, there are a few options available to you.fillers, surgery, and botulinum toxin injections are all effective ways to improve the appearance of drooping mouth corners.
Fillers can be used to fill in the jawline and give the appearance of a firmer, more youthful jawline. Surgery can be used to tighten the skin and muscles around the mouth, and botulinum toxin injections can help relax the muscles that cause drooping.
Talk to your doctor or cosmetic surgeon about which treatment is right for you.
Home remedies for drooping mouth corners
There are several things you can do at home to help improve the appearance of drooping mouth corners, including:
-Apply a warm compress to the area for a few minutes several times a day. This can help improve circulation and temporarily reduce the appearance of drooping.
-Massage the area around your mouth with your fingertips for a few minutes each day.
-Use an all-natural, hydrating lip balm or balm that contains vitamin E to keep your lips moisturized.
-Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day.
-Eat a healthy diet that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats.
-Avoid smoking and alcohol, which can both contribute to dehydration and skin aging.
Exercises for drooping mouth corners
The corners of your mouth may droop due to a number of factors, including age, sun damage, smoking, and certain medical conditions. While there is no permanent cure for drooping mouth corners, there are some exercises that can help improve the appearance of your mouth and make the corners appear slightly lifted.
- Pucker your lips and hold for five seconds. Repeat 10 times.
- Smile as wide as you can and hold for five seconds. Repeat 10 times.
- Place your index fingers on the corners of your mouth and lift upwards while smiling. Hold for five seconds. Repeat 10 times.
- Open your mouth wide and then close it slowly, making sure to keep your lips relaxed the entire time. Repeat 10 times
Surgery for drooping mouth corners
There are several surgical options for correcting drooping mouth corners, including:
-Facelift: A facelift can help to tighten the skin around the mouth and improve the appearance of drooping mouth corners.
-Neck lift: A neck lift can also help to tighten the skin around the mouth and improve the appearance of drooping mouth corners.
-Fillers: Injectable fillers can be used to plump up the skin around the mouth and help to improve the appearance of drooping mouth corners.
-Botox: Botox injections can help to relax the muscles around the mouth and improve the appearance of drooping mouth corners.
Makeup for drooping mouth corners
There are a few different makeup techniques you can use to help fix drooping mouth corners. First, you can try using a highlighting makeup technique. This involves using a lighter shade of foundation or concealer on the outer corners of your mouth, and a darker shade on the inner corners. This will help create the illusion of lifted corners.
Another technique is to use contouring makeup. This involves using a darker shade of foundation or concealer on the outer corners of your mouth, and a lighter shade on the inner corners. This will help to create shadows that make the corners of your mouth appear lifted.
Finally, you can try using lip liner to help lift the corners of your mouth. First, line your lips with a nude lip liner. Then, use a darker lip liner to line the outer corners of your mouth. This will help create the illusion of lifted corners.
Skincare for drooping mouth corners
One common complaint as we age is drooping mouth corners, which can give us a sad or tired appearance. Although there are surgical options to correct this, there are also some skincare solutions that can help lift and firm the skin around the mouth for a more youthful look.
Here are some of the best skincare ingredients and products to help with drooping mouth corners:
- Retinoids: Retinoids are derivatives of vitamin A and are known for their anti-aging and skin-rejuvenating properties. Applying a retinoid cream or serum around the mouth can help to lift and firm the skin, reducing the appearance of drooping mouth corners.
- Peptides: Peptides are short chains of amino acids that play an important role in skin health. They can help to stimulate collagen production, which can help to improve skin elasticity and firmness. Look for skincare products that contain peptides if you want to improve drooping mouth corners.
- Antioxidants: Antioxidants scavenge harmful free radicals that can damage skin cells and lead to premature aging. Free radicals are particularly damaging around the delicate area of the mouth, so applying an antioxidant-rich cream or serum can help to protect the skin and reduce drooping mouth corners.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Hyaluronic acid is a substance that occurs naturally in the body and plays an important role in skin hydration. It can hold 1000 times its own weight in water, making it an excellent ingredient for dry or mature skin types. Apply a hyaluronic acid serum around the mouth area to help hydrate and plump up sagging skin.