Don’t have a cat? No problem! With this step-by-step guide, you can draw cat whiskers on your face and get that feline look in no time.
Preparing to draw whiskers on your face
Start by sketching a small “U” or an “M”, depending on the length of the whisker, near the side of your nose. Then, using a light hand, draw a line from the top point of the “U” or “M” outwards towards your cheekbone. If you want your whiskers to be super-straight, use a ruler to draw your lines! When you get to the end of your whisker, make sure to taper off the line so it doesn’t look too sharp.
Deciding where to place the whiskers
When drawing a cartoon cat, the whiskers should be placed asymmetrically – two on one side of the nose and one on the other. This gives the kitty some personality and character.
The whiskers should also be placed following the contours of the face. So, if you imagine a line going from the outer corners of the eyes down to the mouth, that’s about where the whiskers should start.
And, finally, don’t forget that cats also have whiskers on their cheeks!
Drawing the whiskers with a makeup pencil
Lining up the whiskers. Before starting to draw on whiskers, it’s important to take a minute to study your cat’s face and whisker placement. Use a makeup pencil to lightly sketch in where you want the whiskers to go. For most cats, the whiskers will start just below the outer corner of the eye and fan out from there. But don’t worry if your cat’s whiskers don’t line up perfectly with this guide – every cat is different!
Now that you have an idea of where the whiskers should go, it’s time to start drawing them on. Using a black makeup pencil, start at the outer corner of the eye and draw a line down toward the side of the nose. Make this line as long or as short as you want – remember, every cat is different!
Repeat this process on the other side of the face, again starting at the outer corner of the eye and drawing a line down toward the side of the nose. Once you have both lines in place, use your makeup pencil to connect them at the top, creating a triangle shape.
Filling in the whiskers. Once you have your triangle shape in place, it’s time to start filling it in with little lines to create the look of whiskers. Start at the top point of the triangle and draw a few short lines downward, angling them slightly outwards as you go.
Repeat this process until your entire triangle is filled in with lines, then move on to repeat it on the other side of the face. And that’s it! You’ve now successfully drawn whiskers on your cat’s face using a makeup pencil.
Enhancing the whiskers with makeup
When you want to add some extra pizzazz to your feline costume, don’t forget the makeup! Whether you want to go for a traditional black cat look or something a little more unique, adding some whiskers with makeup is the perfect way to complete your transformation.
Here’s a quick and easy guide on how to draw cat whiskers on your face:
- Start by defining the placement of your whiskers. Using a light pencil or makeup brush, draw three lines coming down from the outer corners of your eyes. These should be about an inch long.
- Next, define the shape of your whiskers. Starting at the inner corner of each line, draw a curved line outward until it reaches the end of the line. Repeat on each side.
- Now it’s time to fill them in! Use a black liquid eyeliner or pencil to trace over your lines, filling in the space between each curve. You can make your whiskers as thick or thin as you’d like – it’s up to you!
- To finish off your look, add some mascara or false eyelashes, and you’re all set!
Creating the illusion of whiskers with makeup
Cats are known for their whiskers, which help them navigate in the dark and also communicate with other cats. You can use makeup to create the illusion of whiskers on your face for a cat-themed party or Halloween costume. All you need is some black eyeliner or liquid eyeliner and a steady hand.
- Decide where you want your whiskers to go. A good rule of thumb is to place them about 1/4 inch (0.6 cm) from the sides of your nose, but you can place them closer together or further apart depending on the look you want to achieve.
- Draw thin lines from the outer corners of your nose down toward the corners of your mouth using black eyeliner or liquid eyeliner. The lines should be about 1/8 inch (0.3 cm) thick and 3 inches (7.6 cm) long. If necessary, use a cotton swab or q-tip dipped in makeup remover to thin out or remove any lines that are too thick or crooked.
- Fill in any patchy areas with more liner until your whiskers look solid black. Allow the liner to dry completely before moving on to the next step.
- Using a smaller brush or cotton swab, apply a thin line of white eyeliner or white face paint along the center of each whisker, stopping about halfway down the length of the whisker. This will help create a more realistic effect. Allow the white liner to dry completely before moving on to the next step.
- Use black eyeliner or liquid eyeliner to draw a small triangle at the end of each whisker, pointing downward toward your mouth. This step is optional, but it will give your whiskers a more feline appearance. Allow the triangles to dry completely before moving on to the next step.
6 . To finish, apply foundation over your entire face and neck using a makeup brush or sponge to help blend in any lines that might be visible outside of your whisker area.(from WikiHow)
Drawing whiskers on your face with a makeup brush
- Moisten your makeup brush with water.
- Dip the brush in white face paint, starting at the inner corner of your upper eyelid.
- Paint a whisker stroke down to the outer corner of your eye and beyond, making it as long or short as you want.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 on the other side of your face.
- To create the look of a mustache, continue painting whiskers downward from the outer corners of your mouth.
- Allow the paint to dry completely before moving on to the next step.
- Using a black makeup pencil, draw a line along each whisker to give it definition and make it pop against your skin tone.
- If desired, add additional whiskers going in different directions for a more realistic look
Special effects for your whiskers
If you want to add some special effects to your whiskers, like making them sparkle or have a different color, there are a few things you can do. You can use glitter glue, face paint, or even temporary tattoos. Just make sure that whatever you use is safe for your skin and won’t cause any irritation.
Removing the whiskers
Before you start, you’ll need to remove the whiskers. This can be done by plucking them out with a pair of tweezers or by shaving them off with a razor.
Once the whiskers are removed, you’ll need to make two small cuts in the skin where the whiskers were. These cuts should be about 1/4 inch long and made at a 45 degree angle.
Now, take a cotton swab and dipped it in some black eyeliner. Starting at the inner corner of the eye, draw a line outwards towards the cut you made in the skin. Repeat this process on the other side.